Last Updated: March 1, 2013
Information we collect about you
“Personally Identifiable Information” means any information that by be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a user ID, a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, phone number, identification credentials, or other contact information whether at work or at home, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also collect information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information such as your hometown or your username. Personally Identifiable Information does not include “Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information,” which is data we collect about the use of our website or about a group or category of services or Users, from which individual identities or other Personally Identifiable Information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
The Company collects the following Personally Identifiable Information from you when you use our Site:
• Information You Provide to Us:
o We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or provide to us in any other way. The Personally Identifiable Information you provide is used for such purposes as registration.
o When you register on our Site to use the Service, you will be asked for basic registration information, such as a user ID and password which you choose, and an e-mail address for support and verification. Additional information may be required to utilize value-added features of our Site, or to access specific third party Internet services using our Site. This information may include identification credentials or other types of identification, as well as your personal bank account information . We will use this information for providing the Service to you, to verify your identity, and to remit payments to you when applicable.
• Information From Third Party Web Sites:
o In order to display information to you through our Site, we must collect, on your behalf, your account and other Personally Identifiable Information from third party web sites and Internet services that you register on our Site. For example, if you register your bank account through our Site, we will collect the transactional and payment information regarding your bank account to display it to you on our Site.
o We may arrange for one or more components of the Service to be provided to you in whole or in part by a third party, including those components needed to connect to your financial institution. These third party service providers may store data related to your account, including the usernames and passwords to your financial accounts, for purposes of those third party service providers’ regulatory and audit compliance. These third party service providers store such data only for these purposes and not for their commercial use.
• Automatic Information:
o We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. We may receive and record certain "traffic data" on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, StudyPal’s cookie information, the transactions you conduct on our Site, your communications with StudyPal’s and our Site and the page you requested. We use this traffic data to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends and administer the Site.
• Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of StudyPal.Co advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. Although you may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally, you may control the collection of data on our site used for targeted StudyPal.Co advertising during your visits to other websites. To opt-out of StudyPal.Co data collection for targeted advertising on other sites, click here: Opt Out Now . Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
• Other Technologies . We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
• Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies
• Information from other sources. We may periodically obtain both personal and non-Personally Identifiable Information about you from other businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
• Information about others. We may collect and store Personally Identifiable Information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your Personally Identifiable Information, and the Personally Identifiable Information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities. .
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
• enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
• manage our business;
• provide StudyPal.Coadvertisements to you when you visit other sites;
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and Financial information. We will use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business. With whom we share your information
Personally Identifiable Information. We do not share your Personally Identifiable Information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your Personally Identifiable Information shared. We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
• Service providers: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to Personally Identifiable Information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Business partners: When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites, we may share Personally Identifiable Information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
• Legal Compliance. In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. Furthermore, when we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
• Corporate Transactions.In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Aggregated or non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We may share Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Informationwe collect with additional Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Informationcollected from other sources. We also may share both Aggregated or Non-Personally Identifiable Information as well asPersonally Identifiable Information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your Personally Identifiable Information online by logging into your account and clicking on Update Profile. More information about how to contact us is provided below. If you have an online account with us, you also may close your account at any time by visiting the " Settings" page for your account and clicking on “Deactivate”.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
• You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
• When you register on our website, you consentto receive email messages from us about updates and information pertaining to your account. You may modify this consent later by visiting the" Settings" page associated with your account.. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request
• Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party. How we protect your Personally Identifiable Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that yourPersonally Identifiable Information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personally Identifiable Information and should avoid sending Personally Identifiable Information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft. Information you provide about yourself while using our service
Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of 18. Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
P.O Box 9764
Newport Beach CA 92658